Monday, May 3, 2010

My take on TED talks

I was so impressed with how one assignment can be taken in different directions. All of the talks were so unique and at the same time equally brilliant. The talks really let the class see what each person is passionate about. Topics varied from factory farming, to cyber bullying, to ethical issues with ad campaigns, to up and coming projects like Loveland. Every speaker took a different approach to their talks and I think that is what really made them all so interesting. I'm sure we were all equally nervous, but all the speakers were very captivating and really managed to maintain my interest (for a whole 5 minutes!). The assignment pushed everyone out of their comfort zone which allowed real growth for us as individuals, and as a class.

I think TED talks were a very positive experience for the class. I wish we could do more of them actually. If people got to sit in on those classes I'm sure everyone would be a Communications minor or at least take a class in it. Long live the TED talk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment